Two weeks ago, something unexpected happened. Laura (check out her truly diversified and awesome blog here) nominated me for Blogger Recognition Award.
1. Are you sure?
2. I mean, thank you! Wow!
3. But really, are you sure?
4. Too late, I accept the nomination.
I started blogging because I wanted to keep track of my trips, and share them with other travel-lovers. I also do it because I want to write, I love to write, and this is the perfect way to create some more writing time.
I don’t feel in a position to give any tips to new bloggers since I am new myself (this blog is barely one month old), but I guess the following tip applies to any kind of writing: read a lot first. Look what the other blogs are like, and ask yourself what makes them work or not.
- Blonde on a Beach, from Blonde on a Beach (travel, lifestyle)
- Lukas, from Through Open Lens (photography)
- Alex, from alexevaillancourt (travel, in french)
- Natalie, from gadaboutheglobe (travel, recipes, book reviews)
- Abena, from Around the Globe with Abena (travel)
- Rachelle, from You, Me, and the Universe
- Mahay, from The White Legacy (fashion, in french and english)
- Andrea, from Cooking With a Wallflower (recipes)
- Select 5 to 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog started, and give a piece of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing.