Templo de Debod
Day 93. What I learned through my rainy but enjoyable stay in Madrid:
1. Ernest Hemingway ate just about everywhere in Madrid but at this one restaurant
2. Plaza Mayor used to smell really bad (executions, butchery…), mostly because of that statue filled with dead birds (they hid inside but couldn’t get out)
3. They have the oldest restaurant in the world, dating from 1725 (and it’s excellent)
4. Miguel de Cervantes and his famous characters (Don Quijote y Sancho Panza) pretty much rule la Plaza de España
5. No picture to support this, but trust me, there’s a party going on every night, in every street, until morning. (It prevented us to sleep more than once.) But we later found out it’s not a Madrid thing, it’s a Spain thing.