I’m not going to lie, 2017 was a great year for me. I read great books, I travelled to great places, and I wrote a lot. Here are my writing accomplishments of the year.
1. I completed a certificate in Creative Writing with the University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies. (For a girl who dropped out of school 4 times, this is HUGE.)
But I made it!
2. I won a prize with the 2017 Penguin Random House Canada Student Award for Fiction. (AH!)
Still can’t believe I got to read an excerpt of Devonna at the IFOA. And that the first chapters of my WIP got published in this beautiful chapbook!
3. I did my first collab! And I’m so proud of the short story we wrote together. (Thanks again to Nimika, Brittany, and Christy for doing this with me!)
If you haven’t read it yet, I need to warn you: it’s a little spooky, hehe. Read it here!
4. I shared a piece of nonfiction for the first time. (About my anxiety.) And you guys wrote really awesome comments, and I want to thank you again for that. (Big time.)
It’s called Pieces of Advice That Are Slowly Fucking Up my Mind! Lovely, right?
5. I launched Dean & Lily. (Fiction, YA, dystopia, romance, every episode is under 500 words–2-min read.) And the amazing Plaidbowties is doing the art of each episode!
The first season (9 episodes) is out, and season two should be ready at the end of January. I’m trying to keep this as short and sweet as I can! Read the first episode here!
So that’s my year in writing! I hope 2018 will be just as productive, and that–fingers crossed–this is the year Devonna will be published! (A girl can dream, right?)
What about you guys? Did you reach your writing goals of the year? What are your goals for 2018?
Let me know in the comments!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, guys! 💜