I know. I’m late. But technically, I think we can make 2018-related posts all through January. And I have a good excuse: I’M WRITING TWO BOOKS AT THE SAME TIME OH MY GOD MY LIFE GONE CIAO WHY PLEASE NO.
I’m just editing so much and editing literally turns my brain into an unstable piece of uselessness, so whenever I’m not working or writing, I curl in a ball and watch The Office a.k.a my new reason to live.
It’s a tough beginning, 2019. BUT I READ 51 BOOKS IN 2018 YAY.
And here’s my Top 10, in no particular order:
1. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before Trilogy, Jenny Han
Man, oh, man, was I happy when I heard there was going to be a Netflix movie, and LORD, OH, LORD was it good!
2. The Winner’s Curse, Marie Rutkoski
Thank you, Nimika, for making me read these! I can’t wait to get a minute to finish book three, AHHHH!
3. Our Dark Duet, Victoria Schwab
I did not expect to cry like this.
4. Under the Dusty Moon, Suzanne Sutherland
I did not expect to cry either. Read it in one sitting, literally.
5. Tuesdays with Morrie, Mitch Albom
I did not expect to cry THAT MUCH.
6. Me Before You, Jojo Moyes
I don’t know why I actually fooled myself into thinking I wouldn’t cry in this book; I think it’s pretty obvious I cry like a baby in books but this. THIS. Can’t believe I still hadn’t read it.
7. Leah on the Offbeat, Becky Albertalli
Becky Albertalli, please, please, PLEASE, never stop writing books.
8. Things I Don’t Want to Know, Deborah Levy
Best book to read in a bus while travelling. 🙂
9. The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue, Mackenzi Lee
I laughed out loud, I felt all the feels, and I wanted more! I can’t wait to read the sequel!
10. The Language of Thorns, Leigh Bardugo
That’s it for me!
What were your favorite reads in 2018?
Let me know in the comments!
And happy New Year! ♥️♥️♥️